- Virtuous Concordance of Yin and Yang
- This refers to the harmonious and balanced integration of the virtues of yin and yang in order to bring about ideal relations among all beings or things in existence throughout the universe.
All things in the universe form pairs because they always exist in relationships of relativity. Namely, each phenomenon has its own counterpart. They are referred to as ‘yin and yang.’ Some examples of this include, light, and darkness, heaven and earth, divine beings and human beings, soul and body, and other such complementary polarities. However, the Former World was a world of oppressed yin and revered yang wherein
yin and yang had fallen into a bias favoring yang. Consequently, yin and yang fell into conflict with one another.
Therefore, this tenet is undertaken to create concordance and harmony between all kinds of yin and yang pairings in the universe while also preventing them from bias or conflict against one another. For instance, all social or human relations, such as those between nation and individual, parent and child, and husband and wife, are necessarily relationships characterized by mutual dependence. Yet, these relationships are often subject to conflict and disharmony.
Therefore, the ‘Virtuous Concordance of Yin and Yang,’ in terms of social or human relations, refers to the resolution of these conflicts and the creation of a harmonious state wherein human beings truly collaborate and help one another achieve mutual beneficence.
- Harmonious Union between Divine Beings and Human Beings
- This means that divine beings and human beings can come to depend on each other in a harmonious and complementary way so that they eventually renovate themselves into ideal beings.
The human mind is an invisible gate and pathway through which all kinds of spirits (including divinities, common spirits, or even demons) come in and out. Some of them might be good whereas others might be evil. Through our cultivation process, those evil spirits who have a karmic connection with the affected individual could gradually be renovated and transformed through mutual beneficence to no longer harbor any grudges or grievances.
This is a crucial part of the ‘Resolution of Grievances for Mutual Beneficence.’ In this way, spirits and humans can be purified and ultimately gain enlightenment alongside one another. And once enlightened, humans will no longer be
affected by evil spirits and will be able to harmonize with divine beings, and this ultimately leads to the state of ‘Perfected Unification with Dao.’ Ultimately, they can contribute to the opening up of the Later World of Earthly Paradise by bringing about various mystical events. In order to achieve this state, it is integral for human beings to have guidance or help from divine beings during their cultivation process. By doing so, the divine beings who interact with human beings can gain merit as well.
However, it cannot be easily attained unless the human mind has been sincerely set upon saving all the sentient beings who have been plagued by their own grievances and grudges. In other words, this state is only attainable once a person's mind has achieved consistency with the mind of the Supreme God; the mind of the One who descended to Earth to save the whole world.
- Resolution of Grievances for Mutual Beneficence
- This includes the whole process of resolving grievances or grudges held by or against divinities, people, and all things as well as the process of preventing them from ever arising again in the future.
Generally, people provoke grievances or grudges against others (Cheok)’ through their vanity and limitless greed. These grievances or grudges may have been created in either our present life or past lives. They are the main source of the misfortune that prevents us from succeeding in life and achieving happiness.
However, in order to achieve the perfect ‘Resolution of Grievances for Mutual Beneficence (Haewon Sangsaeng)’, we need to adjoin it to the concurrent practice of the ‘Grateful
Reciprocation of Favors for Mutual Beneficence (Boeun Sangsaeng)' in our daily lives. This means 'not disregarding the beneficence others bestowed upon you and promoting the betterment of others.' Namely, when you receive beneficence from others, it must be repaid in the future, and going further, even enemies should be loved as benefactors while one promotes the betterment of others by living a life of mutual beneficence.
In this manner, if humans cultivate deeply enough, they can eliminate selfishness, achieve innate conscience, and create harmony with others. Once all the age-old grievances and grudges among humans as well as between humans and spirits are resolved, we can realize the ultimate peace and harmony for humankind on this earth.
- Perfected Unification with Dao
- This means that humans and the entirety of the Three Realms reach a perfected and truly enlightened state. Once mind and body have become perfectly clean and pure without any grievances through cultivation, one can be completely unified with great divinities and eventually reach human perfection. The Three Realms of Heaven, Earth, and Humanity will likewise be elevated into the highest dimension. Those who reached this state will have a thorough and full understanding of all things in the universe with the ability to do anything they wish. By doing so, an everlasting paradise will eventually come to arise in this world.