1. You should obey national laws and observe moral standards for the benefit of your country and happiness of the citizenry.
2. ‘The Three Bonds and Five Relationships’ are the requisite moral foundations that enable harmonious relationships and sustain order in society. Therefore, you should put the followings into practice:
▪ Maintain filial piety toward your parents.
▪ Perform devoted service for your nation.
▪ Create a peaceful family by achieving harmony in your marriage.
▪ Show respect to your superiors and show love and sympathy to your subordinates.
▪ Be trustworthy to your friends.
3. ‘Do not deceive yourself’ is the golden rule for disciples. Therefore, do not deceive your conscience, mislead the public with inappropriate words and actions, or engage in any unethical actions.
4. Do not cause others to hold any grievance or grudge against you on account of your words and deeds. Win goodwill through great kindness. Do not be bothered even if others are unaware of your virtues.
5. Improve yourself with constant reflection upon any excess or insufficiency in your words and actions.
*The Three Bonds and Five Relationships : in Confucianism, these are referred to as essential values for smooth human relationships through which a harmonious society and nation can be realized.